Monday, April 30, 2018

Props Volume 1: Post Malone

Post Malone is an amazing artist.


From raw talent, to his appearance, and his simple day to day mannerisms, Post Malone proves he is a unique individual. He stands out in many ways. I believe he is among the few people with a growing audience to have such an open mind. He is able to craft relevant tracks on top of a different type of sound that still has not gotten old to us yet. This of course isn't his first Album release. In fact I have heard many argue that his first album was more innovative than this one.

His latest album titled Beerbongs & Bentleys was released 2 days ago on April 27th, 2018.

Whether you are a new listener, or a Post Veteran there is something to be appreciated in this album. Similar to his last album 'Stoney' there is a variety of different sounding tracks. Some tracks that might not even sound like "rap" as most know it. It is difficult to label and categorize everything so I would rather stay away from that. Because of his ability to create a different sound in modern day music he is able to earn himself many different types of fans.




The current Hip-Hop & Rap scene is doing an absolutely amazing job following the trend that (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe was originally set by old school OG artists such as Notorious B.I.G., Tupac, Diddy, and Dr. Dre that is COLLABS! There is something so special about two or more great artists working together. With the right synergy comes a new piece of work that once again brings more fans together.

Collabs on this latest album include:


Swae Lee on 'Spoil My night' - I think that these 2 have very similar vibes. They become such a powerful combo when thrown on the same feel good song.

21 Savage on the already popular hit 'Rockstar' - I really shouldn't have to say much about this one...it was number 1 for awhile and I am forced to skip it because I've heard it way too many times! Sorry.

Ty Dolla Sign on yet another smash hit 'Psycho' - Dolla sign is another one who has very finely crafted his own lane. These choices of artists featured were so spot on.

Nicki Minaj on 'Ball For Me' - Off the top you might not see how Nicki can team up with Post but they flow together so nicely. Nicki brings her game to the table along with that super cool voice melody towards the end of the song. (It's hard to explain but I love when she brings that sort of low singing to her songs)

and G Eazy and YG on 'Same Bitches'

Post was able to launch his music career at just the right time while gaining significant leverage from tools such as Youtube, and Twitch.tv.


My personal favorite song at the moment (it could change at any given time) is
'92 explorer. I just recently discovered a video of TMZ ripping post on his explorer. They are a bunch of assholes honestly. If he likes his car I doubt he cares about what they think. This makes it that much cooler that he has a song written about it now!

By the second time listening I was jamming out hard to the song as if I'd heard it 100 times and it felt so good!



THESE POSTS (hehe Posts) MAY CHANGE, OR BE EDITED AT ANY GIVEN TIME!
Please leave comments and spread your love for Post Malone

No comments:

Post a Comment