Sunday, November 30, 2014

Best MMORPG of 2014 no subscription + Video

The Best MMORPG of 2014 with no subscription fees!

Guild Wars 2


Hello fellow MMORPG players. Have you often tried the subscription based MMO's, and spent more money on expansions every year they come out to stay updated in the game? Gone are those days with games like Guild Wars 2. Watch my video here 7 Reasons why Guild Wars 2 is the Best MMORPG of 2014 for your money:



Defeating Zaitan (story mode)
There are a million amazing things about Guild Wars 2 that I haven't mentioned in the video. For example, the fact that GUILD WARS 2 IS NOT DEAD! There are always thousands of players online and I have no trouble hopping into a dungeon, or finding allies to help me in minutes or even seconds! I will talk more about the way this work later in this post.

Another thing not mentioned during the video is how the weapon and skill system works in Guild Wars 2. An experienced player will be using many different skills, weapons. An experienced player will be able to think for example: okay this is the part where arrows will be raining down on my team if I switch to a shield before this fight I will have the skill to protects us from projectiles. Or this is the boss that uses many condition damage skills and weakens us, I should switch to the utility that cures mine and my allies conditions. This is not the normal MMO where you have a 4 rows of skills some of which you seldom even use.



One last thing I must mention is. NO! Guild Wars 2 is NOT pay to win! The cash shop mostly is full of appearance type items. The only items you can buy in the store that give you a better advantage over other players is things like storage space, character slots, or a pickax that will never break so you don't have to keep replacing them. These things are incredibly minor and actually good because it allows the players to continue supporting Arena Net if they would like to!


PVE


CyanGuardian venturing Tyria!
The PVE or player versus environment is to me the best part of the game. I love everything else but I tend to dedicate myself more towards collecting exotic gear, doing many achievements, jumping puzzles, etc. As of writing this I am now at 85% of the world completion. This is when you travel throughout Tyria and visit all waypoints, points of interest, vista's, and complete the heart quests. This is actually fun and rewarding to me! The world has loads to offer and because of the way the level system works in guild wars 2 it allows each and every zone in the entire game to actually be CHALLENGING! There will be areas that have many veteran mobs. You might need to visit that area for a point of interest only to barely make it out alive. Throughout every zone there is also live events where most of the players in the area are notified of a quest that often times can be too difficult to do alone. It might be a chain quest that involves more than one, or you might need to kill a champion boss monster! Doing all of these things rewards you very well because you will receive gold, karma, achievements, etc that will only grow your character and make your toon stronger.

Dungeons


Fractal dungeon!
Dungeons might technically be considered PVE but I wanted to let you know how different dungeons are in Guild Wars 2 compared to other MMORPG's. First of all there is no "Holy Trinity" system in Guild Wars 2. This is the tradition system of most MMO's which involves 3 roles during dungeons. A tank, a healer, and a DPS. This system works but has several flaws. The first being that you must wait until you find the correct party members to do any dungeon. It limits who you can and can't dungeon with and can give you wait times as long as 20-25 minutes just to find your party and get going with the dungeon. In Guild Wars 2 I'm able to dungeon almost instantly by either checking with my guild, or using the LFG or Looking For Group option. This will piece together a party of people who want to do same dungeon as you. I have tried many Dungeons and fractals and I have to say I very much enjoy them in comparison with many of the dungeons in other MMO's. Dungeons used to seem very boring to me just going from room to room killing mobs and finally killing a boss with a lot of health. Once again Arena Net has made some significant improvements with their dungeons in Guild Wars 2. Don't worry though because if the mindless mob killing is what you're into that is still an option. You are given different path choices to take in Guild Wars 2 where you will be presented with different challenges to complete the dungeon. Complete with a strong boss that differs greatly from the next. It is always incredibly satisfying to complete dungeons and they all rewards you with awesome loot! Dungeons will challenge you, your friends, and your guild and is always a fun enjoyable experience!


PVP


I have not spent too much time playing PVP in fact I might come back and write more about it later. However from what I have tried it seemed to be pretty damn fun! There are many maps to be tried, and the gametype is similar to domination on Call of Duty, or King of the Hill on Halo. There are multiple areas that are trying to be taken by either team and you are rewarded most for controlling more areas on the map.

World vs. World

Once again World vs. World is nothing that I am a true expert on. However the first time I played it I was having so much fun I literally couldn't stop and stayed up till 5am conquering lands with my guild. World vs. World is extremely fun! It consists of multiple maps with bases, and pits you up against 2 other servers on Guild Wars 2. My server, Gates of Madness, seems to be composed of a bunch of beasts because whenever I look we are almost always winning! Guilds make WvW a truly epic experience. Seeing my entire guild flood into their base as we stomp enemies in our path is excilerating! 


Thanks for checking out my content and be sure to subscribe to the blog with your e-mail in the top left to get notified of new content! I love feedback so never be afraid to leave a comment!

If you'd like to play with me in game add me "Levelchaser.8290"

Don't forget to like my video and subscribe to my youtube page for more!
Hit me up on instagram too: http://instagram.com/beegeedubs


No comments:

Post a Comment